Welcome! You have arrived at a website operated by Later Life LivingTM, LLC (“Later Life Living,” “we,” “us” or “our”). We enable older adults and their families to discover the kind of help they need, and then directly connect them with the vetted professionals they need.
As a preliminary matter, we handle all information you provide us with the utmost care. At times, we may need to disclose your personal information to third parties outside the company who may be assisting us with providing Services to you, as set forth in this Policy.
What Information We Collect
We may collect information, including Personal Information, about you when you visit our Site or Apps, or otherwise interact with our Site, Apps or Services. “Personal Information” is information that identifies, relates to, describes, is reasonably capable of being associated with, or could reasonably be linked, directly or indirectly, with a particular consumer or household.
Information You Provide to Us
Whether you are using our Services or electing to list as a service provider with us, we may collect information, including Personal Information, from you where you expressly provide us with the information. Examples of sources from which we collect information include information provided via online chat or support services, web forms or inputs/uploads into our Site or Apps, telephone calls with you, letters, e-mails or other communications from you, documents you have provided to us, or references and referrals provided to us in connection with your electing to list as a service provider with us.
Your decision to provide us with Personal Information is voluntary, but if you choose not to provide any requested information, you may not be able to take advantage of all the features of the Site, Apps or our Services.
Users of our services
At touchpoints throughout your guest journey with us, we might collect Personal Information such as:
- Contact information such as your full name, any username that you create, your email address, home or business address, your telephone numbers (including mobile number, if provided);
- Financial information such as credit card or debit card number, bank account and other financial information, your payment and/or service history;
- Information that you share via the chat function on the Site or Apps (please note that we do not collect consumer information via the Site or Apps’ online chat or Contact Us function unless you provide it);
- Social media information, such as social media handles, content and other data shared with us through third-party features that you use on our Site, Apps and other service (such as tools, payment services, widgets and plug-ins offered by social media services like Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn) or posted on social media pages (such as our social media page or other pages accessible to us); and/or
- Other information that could reasonably be used to identify you personally or identify your household or device.
If you elect to be listed with us as a service provider, we might collect Personal Information such as:
- Your full name, address, email address, username, and/or telephone numbers;
- Your current or past employment or educational information; and
- Your professional credentials such as licenses or certificates, if requested or required for the position you are seeking.
Information That is Automatically Collected
Like many businesses, we and/or our service providers may automatically collect and/or store certain information when you visit or interact with the Site or Apps (“Usage Information”). This Usage Information may be stored and/or accessed from your personal computer, laptop, tablet, mobile phone or other device (a “Device”) whenever you visit or interact with our Site or Apps. Usage Information may include:
- Your IP address, IDFA, Android/Google Advertising ID, IMEI, or another unique identifier;
- Your Device functionality (including browser, browser language, operating system, hardware, mobile network information);
- Referring and exit web pages and URLs;
- The areas within the Site and Apps that you visit and your activities there, including remembering you and your preferences;
- Your Device location or other geolocation information, including the zip code, state or country from which you accessed the Services;
- Your Device characteristics; and
- Certain other Device data, including the time of day you visit our Site or Apps or other information used to provide analytics or other usage information.
For location information, we may use this information to provide customized Services, content, promotional offers, and other information that may be of interest to you.
If you no longer wish for us or our service providers to collect and use location information, you may disable the location features on your device. Consult your device manufacturer settings for instructions. Please note that if you disable such features, your ability to access certain features, Services, content, promotions, or products may be limited or disabled.
Information from Third Parties
How We Use Your Information
We may use your information for various purposes, depending upon whether you are a user of our services or have elected to be listed with us as a service provider.
Users of our services
If you are a user of our services, we might use your Personal Information for the following purposes:
- Connecting you with a service provider that you have found through our Services;
- Responding to your requests for information;
- Providing products or Services to you;
- Helping you register for an account with us;
- Verifying your identity and for fraud prevention;
- Processing your payments;
- Providing you with updates and information about products and Services we provide;
- Sending you marketing information about Later Life Living;
- Sending you email communications such as electronic newsletters about our Services, events and promotions, as well as periodic customer satisfaction, market research or quality assurance surveys that may be of interest to you;
- Improving the effectiveness of our Site or Apps, our marketing endeavors, and our product and service offerings;
- Customizing your experience on the Site or Apps;
- Identifying your product and service preferences, providing personalized content and ads and informing you of new or additional information, products and services that may be of interest to you;
- Helping us address problems with and improve our Site or Apps and our products and services, including testing and creating new products, features, and services;
- Providing mobile marketing messages and other communications and messages;
- Protecting the security and integrity of the Site or Apps, including understanding and resolving any technical and security issues reported on our Site or Apps;
- Engaging in analysis, research, and reports regarding the use of our Site, Apps and Services;
- Complying with the law and protecting the safety, rights, property or security of Later Life Living, the Services, and the general public; and
If you are a service provider electing to be listed with us, we might use your Personal information for the following purposes:
- Connecting you with a user of our Services;
- Evaluating your suitability to list your services with us;
- Checking your caregiving credentials such as licenses or certificates, if requested or required for the position you are seeking, on an annual basis;
- For internal business purposes, including but not limited to evaluating your suitability to list your services with us or administering benefits, such as medical, dental, commuter and retirement benefits, including recording and processing eligibility of dependents, absence and leave monitoring, insurance and accident management, rewards or discount programs offered to employees;
Disclosure of Your Information
We may share your information, including your Personal Information with our affiliates, service providers, business associates, certification and licensing organizations and other third parties that perform essential services for us. These service providers include payment processors, internet service providers, email marketing vendors, customer service providers, or entities that handle our shipping or mailing.
As permitted by law, we insist that these partners follow the same rules and standards with respect to your personal information as we do, and we typically have a contractual agreement in place with the other party which prohibits them from disclosing or using the information other than for the purposes for which it was disclosed.
We may aggregate, de-identify, and/or anonymize any information collected through the Site, Apps or Services such that such information is no longer linked to your personally identifiable information. We may use and share this aggregated and anonymized information (which is no longer Personal Information) for any purpose, including without limitation, for research and marketing purposes, analytics, and may also share such data with our affiliates and third parties, including advertisers, promotional partners and others.
Certain Personal Information about you may also be disclosed in the following situations:
- To comply with a validly issued and enforceable subpoena or summons;
- As necessary to properly comply with or respond to an inquiry or complaint from a federal or state agency;
- In conjunction with a prospective purchase, sale, or merger of all or part of our practice, provided that we take appropriate precautions (for example, through a written confidentiality agreement) so the prospective purchaser or merger partner does not disclose information obtained in the course of the review; and
- As a part of any actual or threatened legal proceedings or alternative dispute resolution proceedings either initiated by or against us, provided we disclose only the information necessary to file, pursue, or defend against the lawsuit and take reasonable precautions to ensure that the information disclosed does not become a matter of public record.
Cookies and Other Tracking Technologies
We may use various methods and technologies to store or collect information about you (“Tracking Technologies”). Tracking Technologies may set, change, alter or modify settings or configurations on your Device. A few of the Tracking Technologies used on the Site or Apps, include, but are not limited to, the following (as well as future-developed tracking technology or methods that are not listed here):
- Cookies. Cookies are pieces of data stored directly on the computer or mobile device that you are using. Cookies allow us to collect data such as browser type, time spent on the Online Services, pages visited, referring URL, language preferences, and other aggregated traffic data.
- Web Beacons. A Web Beacon is a small tag (which may be invisible to you) that may be placed on our Site’s pages and messages.
- Embedded Scripts. An embedded script is programming code that is designed to collect information about your interactions with the Site, such as the links you click on.
- ETag, or entity tag. An Etag or entity tag is a feature of the cache in browsers. It is an opaque identifier assigned by a web server to a specific version of a resource found at a URL.
- Browser Fingerprinting. Collection and analysis of information from your Device, such as, without limitation, your operating system, plug-ins, system fonts and other data, for purposes of identification.
- Recognition Technologies. Technologies, including application of statistical probability to data sets, which attempt to recognize or make assumptions about users and devices (e.g., that a user of multiple devices is the same user).
We may use Tracking Technologies for a variety of purposes, including:
- To allow you to use and access the Site or Apps, including for the prevention of fraudulent activity and improved security functionality;
- To facilitate navigation, display data more effectively, collect statistical data, personalize your experience while using the Online Services and recognize your computer to assist your use of the Online Services;
- To assess the performance of the Site or Apps, including as part of our analytic practices or otherwise to improve the design and functionality, content, products or services offered through the Site or Apps;
- To offer you enhanced functionality when accessing the Site or Apps, including identifying you when you sign into our Site or Apps or keeping track of your specified preferences or to track your online activities over time and across third-party sites; and
- To deliver content relevant to your interests on our Site, Apps and third‑party sites based on how you interact with our content.
Do Not Track Signals
Do Not Track (“DNT”) is a web browser setting that requests that a web application disable its tracking of an individual user. When you choose to turn on the DNT setting in your browser, your browser sends a special signal to websites, analytics companies, ad networks, plug in providers, and other web services you encounter while browsing to stop tracking your activity. Various third parties are developing or have developed signals or other mechanisms for the expression of consumer choice regarding the collection of information about an individual consumer’s online activities over time and across third-party websites or online services (e.g., browser do not track signals), but there is no universally agreed-upon standard for what a company should do when it detects a DNT signal. Currently, we do not monitor or take any action with respect to these signals or other mechanisms. You can learn more about Do Not Track here.
Your Choices About the Information We Collect
You have choices when it comes to how we use your information, and we want to ensure you have the information to make the choices that are right for you.
If you no longer want to receive marketing-related emails, you may opt out by following the instructions in any such email you receive from us or contacting us at info@MyLaterLifeLiving.com.
The Site or Apps are not intended for use by children under the age of 18. We do not request, or knowingly collect, any personally identifiable information from children under the age of 18. If you are the parent or guardian of a child under 18 who you believe has provided her or his information to us, please contact us at info@MyLaterLifeLiving.com to request the deletion of that information.
We seek to use reasonable organizational, technical and administrative measures to protect Personal Information. Unfortunately, no data transmission or storage system can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. If you have reason to believe that your interaction with us is no longer secure (for example, if you feel that the security of your account has been compromised), please immediately notify us in accordance with the “Contact Us” section, below.
Links to Other Web Sites
Updating Personal Information
We prefer to keep your Personal Information accurate and up to date. If you would like to change your contact information, please contact us at info@MyLaterLifeLiving.com. We will make good faith efforts to make requested changes in our then active databases as soon as reasonably practicable (but we may retain prior information as business records).
International Data Transfers
This Site is operated in the United States. If you are located in another jurisdiction, please know that your information will be transferred to, stored, and processed in the United States. By using this Site and providing us with information, you consent to this transfer, processing and storage of your information in the United States. It is important to note that the privacy laws in the United States may not be as comprehensive as those in other countries such as those in the European Union (“EU”). Our service providers use appropriate safeguards to transfer your personal data to the United States.
Your California Privacy Rights
Later Life Living does not currently meet the business thresholds for the California Consumer Privacy Act (“CCPA”) to apply to us. However, we still offer users the ability to delete any Personal Information that we have collected about them. To do so, please email us at info@MyLaterLifeLiving.com.
Third Party Marketing
California Civil Code Section 1798.83 permits our users who are California residents to request and obtain from us a list of what personal information (if any) we disclosed to third parties for their own direct marketing purposes in the preceding calendar year and the names and addresses of those third parties. We do not currently disclose personal information protected under this section to third parties for their own direct marketing purposes.
- Email Address: info@MyLaterLifeLiving.com
- Phone: (818) 570-1180